Friday, June 3, 2011

CUTTING FINGER AND TOENAILS



 I knew I could find how to cut my toenails written in here somewhere.


While preparing for immersion, hafifah, the fingernails and toenails must be cut and cleaned.
 It is not necessary for them to be cut below the skin line i.e. where they come into contact with the flesh.
Excerpt from Family Purity by Rabbi F. Jacobs, reprinted with permission.








AIRPLANE RIDE
Moishe and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year. 
Each time they would stand in front of the airplane ride and Moishe would say,
"Esther, I'd like to ride on that airplane."Esther always replied, "I know Morris, but that ride costs $50 and 
$50 is $50."
One year Esther and Morris went to the fair and Morris said, "Esther, I'm 85 years old. If I don't ride that airplane now, I might never get another chance."
Esther replied, "I know, but $50 is $50."
The airplane pilot overheard their conversation and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say anything, I won't charge you the $50. But if you say even one word it's gonna cost you $50 a piece."
Morris and Esther agreed and up they went.
The pilot made all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives but not a sound was heard.
He did all his tricks over again, but still not a word.
When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said, 
"By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to yell out, but you didn't." Morris replied,
"Well, I was going to say something when Esther fell out, but $50 is $50."


 


       
 



No comments:

Post a Comment